Thursday, December 5, 2013

Days 15-17: Winterim Wraps Up

Hey guys,

I know it's been a few days since the last post so let me bring you up to speed:

After finishing at the IAAPA convention, I enjoyed visiting Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure again on Friday followed by Walt Disney World over the weekend. I enjoyed each park immensely and you can take a look at all of the new park photos, plus all photos from the last month, on the official Park Impressions Facebook page. What was most interesting about the parks, however, was getting to see the things I learned about in the IAAPA education sessions being

As soon as I arrived back in Toledo, all of my efforts went into preparing for the Winterim Fair presentation. I had an entire backpack full of materials from the parks and convention so I started by sorting out what I wanted to display. Next I had to plan out my tri-board, and rather than simply use it to describe my entire experience (thereby eliminating the need for me to say anything at all to the visitors) I used it to create a photo map from my time at IAAPA. Lastly, I assembled a CoasterDynamix model as a fun display piece, which was especially popular with the children at Winterim Fair.


The last several days since the presentation, I've been finalizing the iBook I've been working on, The Evolution of Amusement Parks. The iBook is finished and it has finally been uploaded to iTunes after much troubleshooting. Now we're just waiting for Apple's approval before it will show up in the iBookstore on all Apple devices - I'll be sure to let all of you know when it is available for download!

Once again, I encourage you to take a look at all of the photos from my Winterim (including Orlando parks, the IAAPA Attractions Expo, and behind-the-scenes at Cedar Point) on the official Park Impressions Facebook Page. Thank you so much for following my adventures the past month, as it's been an incredible experience and I've really enjoyed having the opportunity to study my true passion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment